Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cooking Tip of The Day: Health Edition

So, my last post seems to have been ages ago, and this is because I spent my entire weekend on the go...working with little kids! Then, believe it or not, I got really sick from working with little kids. So this past weekend I was fighting like a warrior to win against some horrible virus.

Today's Cooking Tip of the Day is for those folks who feel sickness looming over their heads. It's really simple...

Drink Vitamin C! And don't stop! My mom has a good friend who is a cancer research scientist, and he was always telling us to have about 4,000 mg of vitamin C at a time when we were sick--about twice to three times per day. Apparently you cannot really overdose on it, because when you are sick it is the vitamin your body uses the fastest. You just keep taking it.

Get this stuff: the powder that you pour into water. Each packet contains 1000 mg of vitamin C. It's the fastest way to get it into your system, and it also forces you to drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated. And it does taste pretty good, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment